Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

11.04.2011 01:47:54
EyeTV behaviour deactivation is NOT pausing EyeTV - Making my EyeTV / Plex integration FRUSTRATING!

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I know at some point this feature was behaving as expected but now Remote Buddy will NOT pause EyeTV when I switch to another behaviour.

To this end- I've implemented my own behaviour for EyeTV and I'm attempting to take it one step further and actually CLOSE the video windows when I switch over to Plex. This has been driving me UP THE WALL unfortunately for a few different reasons-

#1 - If I add an action to the Deactivation hook to close the EyeTV video windows it causes EyeTV to re-activate and steal focus from Plex (causing my Plex deactivation action to run- which kills Plex as I don't want Plex running if I'm not using it.)

#2 - If I try to use a simple "pause" script for the live video window in EyeTV rather than closing the video window the switch to Plex is much smoother however- if EyeTV has a hiccup and loses the stream for some reason- it will activate and steal focus from Plex! (As in #1 this kills the Plex process and switches me over to EyeTV so I can see the equally annoying "this channel is not available" message.)

I've tried everything I can find online in terms of scripting to close the EyeTV video windows asynchronously without activating the app. I know I could easily script this as a button press action but that's not the way I want to roll- I want EyeTV to act consistently when it is activated REGARDLESS of how it was activated- same with Plex, I want Plex to be killed off when it is deactivated so I'm not interested in "Switch to Plex" or "Switch to EyeTV" actions really as this seems very un home theater like.

I understand this is a bit rambling and off the initial subject, but does anyone have an end-all be-all set of behaviours that actually work for EyeTV and Plex? This shouldn't be that complicated and I shouldn't need to acquire a PhD in applescripting to reliably and consistently switch between a few apps using Remote Buddy. I suspect the "built-in" EyeTV and Plex behaviours would be better than the ones I've developed but the fact that I can't modify their Event Mappings makes them worthless for my implementation. Why is it that I don't even see a behaviours file for EyeTV in Application Support?

Thanks for your help! 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Configuration
General
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
Hardware - iPhone™ / iPod® touch / AJAX Remote
Thread-display::