Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

26.03.2015 12:46:30
Re: How to start Plex? Remote Buddy + Mac Mini + Harmony Ultimate

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Again, I just want a setting where I select Remote Buddy on my Harmony and the inputs switch to the Mac Mini and Plex automatically starts.

Setup: Mac Mini, AV, Logitech Harmony, PLEX / XBMC

Felix,

Remote Buddy has been set up and as an ACTIVITY on Harmony (universal) as instructed. 
Unlocking all buttons of the Smart Control as been performed as well ..as instructed

If my ultimate intention, is to open PLEX (Movie/Music) or XBMC at the press of a single button, are you suggesting that I

1. Mac Mini must always be on 24/7 
2. Remote Buddy must be set to start up at login. 
3. Perform the following action on Remote Buddy - Behaviours > Activate Plex Home Theater Behaviour" for f.ex. "Mapping > Global mapping > 5" and then pressing the button DVR on the remote, assign it an unused button on my remote like DVR.

Now, once this has been done, is pressing REMOTE BUDDY and then DVR on my remote all I need to do? (which doesnt make it a single press really)

RobertI: Does pressing a single activity (Remote Buddy) on your remote automatically open PLEX?

Apparently, I saw somewhere the set up below on the remote control works,

Manufacturer: Microsoft 
Model: XBMC 
Device Type*: Media Center PC

OR

Manufacturer: Plex 
Model: Plex Player 
Device Type*: Media Center PC

Please help, I am having sleepless nights trying to get this solved.

Cheers

Last edited: 26.03.2015 12:57:20 

Thread-display::