Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

10.02.2010 10:02:57
Sony BD Remote Compatibility
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
1. The Sony BD PS3 Remote is only relaying the held behaviour for any quick press, quick as in near instant. This makes it impossible to use.

2. Could you add to the documentation what setting Plex should have under input device. The options under Plex > Preferences > Input Devices > Apple Remote, are "Standard, Universal Remote, Harmony Remote, Disabled."

Thanks, if it works I look forward to buying your product. I do have a Wii, iPhone, and Apple Remote to further test. I bought the BD Remote based on the Remote Buddy compatibility so I don't have to put my Mini in line of sight and more buttons than the Wii.

OS X: 10.6.2 
Remote: Sony BD 
Remote Buddy: 1.16.1 
Bluetooth distance: 2 feet (no obstructions)

Last edited: 10.02.2010 10:08:57 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
Hardware - Sony® BD Remote Control
Hardware - Wii™ Remote
Hardware - iPhone™ / iPod® touch / AJAX Remote
User

10.02.2010 10:21:47
Re: Sony BD Remote Compatibility
View

Thanks for asking.

1. The Sony BD PS3 Remote is only relaying the held behaviour for any quick press, quick as in near instant. This makes it impossible to use.

Sorry, but I don't really understand this line. Please add further information.

2. Could you add to the documentation what setting Plex should have under input device. The options under Plex > Preferences > Input Devices > Apple Remote, are "Standard, Universal Remote, Harmony Remote, Disabled."

This setting has no effect on the Remote Buddy Plex Behaviour <-> Plex communication. You can set it to whatever you want to.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

10.02.2010 12:29:09
View

Thanks for the quick response. Here's more info.

con't 1. When I press any button the BD remote the button is held down, I can not no matter how fast I press and release to preform a single press. It does seem to recognize a singe press.

The AppleScript I wrote as a global behaviour to open Plex works intermittently as a single press.

Example: In the Plex menu I press the Down arrow, and instantly release, it goes down once and then continues going down; as if a single press of the Down arrow was set to hold the down arrow.

Further when I go to the Remote Buddy mapping and remap to keyboard controls (up, down, left, right) it still holds.

Update: it seems that the BD remote is somehow mapped to the Apple Remote controls, as buttons that have nothing to do with the command are still causing HELD up, down, right, left navigation. This behaviour is the same in the Remote Buddy menu.

Disconnecting the Magic Mouse doesn't change the behaviour.

Other Bluetooth devices: Magic Mouse

Last edited: 10.02.2010 12:34:07 

User

11.02.2010 05:58:34
View

After trying the AJAX, and Wiimote and both working fine, I just unpaired and repaired the BD Remote and it works! Couldn't tell you what the error was but it seems to have corrected itself. Thanks for your reply Felix. Might I suggest that for the lazy people you have a AppleScript ready for them to go, when I press the start button the the BD Remote it launches Plex by running:

tell application "Plex" 
activate 
end tell

Thanks for the great product.