Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

22.07.2011 02:11:25
Lion, RemoteBuddy and Keyspan
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello.

Under OS X Lion (clean install) RemoteBuddy (1.18) doesn't allow me to map the following buttons on my Keyspan FrontRow Remote anymore: 
— Mute 
— Eject 
— Sleep

They are just not there in the actions list. Although, RemoteBuddy recognized my remote correctly.

Also, whenever I try to change anything in the Global Mapping, the RemoteBuddy preferences window stops responding. Can only drag it around, but nothing else.

--- 
Mac Pro 3,1 2008 
Mac OS X 10.7 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

22.07.2011 10:26:01
Re: Lion, RemoteBuddy and Keyspan
View

Thanks for asking.

Chances are you're using the default mapping for your Keyspan Front Row Remote - where Mute, Eject and Sleep are mapped globally.

All buttons that are mapped under "Global Mapping" (in Prefs > Global Mapping) are not available for individual mapping elsewhere. If you want to map them individually depending on context, you'd need to remove the mapped actions for these buttons at "Global Mapping".

Also, whenever I try to change anything in the Global Mapping, the RemoteBuddy preferences window stops responding. Can only drag it around, but nothing else.

I tried, but can't reproduce this. To investigate further on what is happening, I'll need more information from you:

1) When the hang occurs, please start /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor.app (AM), select "Remote Buddy" from the list, then select "Analyze process" from AM's toolbar or AM's menu. Please cut and paste the result or send it to me.

2) To get an idea of what your machine looks like, please send me a system profile. Therefore, right after the problem occurred, launch /Applications/Utilities/System Profiler.app (SP), then select "Save as.." from SP's menu. Please choose the XML format and send me the file you save.

Please send both to info ~at~ iospirit ~dot~ c o m. I'm looking forward to look into it.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

22.07.2011 15:43:02
View

Yes, you are right, those buttons are visible in the Global Mapping. 
Glad you cleared that out for me.

As for the freezing window. Since is no Analyze Process in the AM, I think you meant Sample Process, so I've sent you a copy-paste from that. 
As far as System Profiler.app go... well, there's no such app on my machine. There's only System Information.app, which I think is the new name for the System Profiler. But it doesn't allow me to save the profile as XML. Can only as RTF, UTF-16 TXT or SPX. So I've sent you all of those as well.

User

22.07.2011 18:29:28
View

Forgot to mention: when I try to reassign any action in the Global Mapping, it doesn't change to whatever I choose — it stays the same. Most of the time it takes several (re)assigning attempts for the window to freeze. But sometimes it happens right away. 
User

14.08.2011 02:16:01
View

Don't know whether it's because I've got a new mac (iMac) or a new remote (Apple Remote), but I don't have this problem anymore.

Edit: Ok, that was a bit premature. There's now a slightly different problem: when I change one of Global Mapping actions to a behavior (Menu Held to activate Plex behavior), Remote Buddy gives me a warning pop-up saying whether I want to change all the conflicting mappings or just apply as-is. When I press either of the buttons, RemoteBuddy preference window hangs, the menubar icon stops responding, but RemoteBuddy itself continues to work (I can call the RemoteBuddy menu from my remote).

And even though it hanged when I changed the action, it still managed to save it: I force quit the Remote Buddy process, launch RemoteBuddy again, go to the Global Mappings and the action is assigned to whatever I changed it to.

Last edited: 14.08.2011 02:41:51 

User

15.09.2011 15:38:01
View

Thanks for all the feedback.

This issue has been fixed in Remote Buddy 1.18.2.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz