Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

20.08.2013 21:18:23
Harmony One is controlling my Apple TV and Mac mini at the same time, any way to stop this?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
As my question states I use a Harmony one to control both my Apple TV and Mac Mini I use remote buddy for my mini, is there any way to set this up so when I'm in my Apple TV it's not controlling my mac at the same time? 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

28.08.2013 00:46:09
Re: Harmony One is controlling my Apple TV and Mac mini at the same time, any way to stop this?
View

I'm not yet using Remote Buddy, but I have a similar issue... and I was hoping that Remote Buddy would be the solution. If it can be set up so that I can use my Harmony 650 to control Plex on a Mac mini without simultaneously sending commands to my Apple TV, I'll be happy to purchase Remote Buddy! 
User

27.04.2014 02:53:03
Re: Harmony One is controlling my Apple TV and Mac mini at the same time, any way to stop this?
View

Yes it can. I had two Apple remotes, one for my Mini and one for my ATV3. I paired them. Then I set up devices in the Harmony for the Mini and ATV3. You then have the Harmony learn each remote. You only need t to have it learn menu, play, select , up, down, L,R ( so 7 buttons).

Now when you switch to the Mini activity the Harmony will have the same Remote ID as the Mini remote. Same with the ATV activity.

Philip