Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

28.09.2014 10:26:22
Plex HT + Remote Buddy
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi!

I just followed the blog post on how to add remotebuddy to the Plex Harmony Smart Hub, using the PS3 BT controller trick. 
All seemed to be working well (I could correctly pair the remote to my Mac Mini and could see it showing up in the Remote Buddy preferences with all the key settings).

Yet, I cannot seem to figure out why it is not registering any of my keypresses at all. 
Nothing happens when I press a button on the remote, Plex isn't moving at all (Remote Buddy has Plex HT behaviour active).

I tried changing the remote input in my Plex HT settings, tried all different ones there (including true and false for "remote sends keboard presses"), nothing seemed to make any difference.

I've followed that blog step by step and only have the remotebuddy activity at the moment, no other devices are switching on/off to make sure I'm only trying to connect the remote to Plex.

Any help would be appreciated =(

PS: I'm using the trial version of RB for the moment as I wanted to test if I could all make it work before buying it. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

02.10.2014 23:52:01
Re: Plex HT + Remote Buddy
View

Thanks for asking.

Chances are, you need to select the Remote Buddy activity by pressing the respective activity's button on your remote. Even with only one activity configured, there's no guarantee the Harmony will automatically select it.

Please find more info on this and other possible causes for what you observe in this FAQ:

https://www.iospirit.com/support/faqs/remotebuddy/category/23/Hardware-Harmony-Smart-Control/entry/261/Nothing-happens-when-I-press-a-button-on-the-Smart-Control-/

Please let me know if you still experience problems even after checking for all the possible causes listed there.

Thanks in advance.

Best, 
Felix 

User

04.10.2014 18:52:35
View

I've checked all the stuff I could find in the FAQ. 
My Harmony Hub is the only thing paired to my mac (and also my bluetooth keyboard, otherwise I can't work on that computer, but turning that one off doesn't help anyway).

When I press a key on my remote, the harmony hub flashes its led, so no battery or connectivity issue. 
RemoteBuddy is running on the mac, the BD remote is paired, and Plex HT is running (even set the Settings > System > Input Devices > Apple Remote to "Multi Remote (Harmony) and that isn't helping either.

It seems like Remote Buddy isn't recognizing any keypresses at all. 
Kind of at the end of my game here with configuring these two, I must say, if it's this hard to pair a simple remote to a simple keypress-forwarding scheme, it's not worth it switching to a remote in stead of the keyboard... 

User

05.10.2014 00:14:01
View

Thanks for the info!

Is the "BD Remote Contol" device showing up as paired - or actually as _connected_ when you press buttons on your remote?

A device is _connected_ when its name is displayed in a bold font in the menu of the OS X Bluetooth menubar item and you are offered the option to "disconnect" it.

If the Harmony Hub for whatever reason no longer connects to your Mac via Bluetooth, the only way to re-trigger Bluetooth pairing is via the Harmony app on your smartphone (follow instructions in point 3 of the FAQ entry to re-establish it, instructions in point 4 if the device shows up as connected, but nothing happens (which is what you get when OS X holds wrong information about the device in its cache)). 

User

16.11.2014 17:02:17
View

I have the same issue, Remote is paired and connected,

I want to do something very simple,

Press one activity which will do the following; 
* Turn on my TV 
* Turn on my receiver 
* Start the Remote Buddy activity

Currently I have two activities 
1. For turning on the TV and Receiver 
2. To start for remote buddy activity

If I start with the first activity (everything works fine) 
As soon as i press the Remote buddy activity the TV and Receiver turn off

i have to manually turn them on with their own respective remotes, then everything works except the volume which i have to adjust with the receivers own remote. How can i resolve this?

User

21.11.2014 15:12:02
View

I hope my answer to your other post helps to shed some light on and solve all of these issues:

https://www.iospirit.com/support/forums/remotebuddy/singlethread/16842/

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz