Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

11.01.2015 05:04:34
Eye TV recording when activity ended issue
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I have Harmony Remote paired with Remote Buddy controlling Mac Mini, Eye TV, Sony TV and a Yamaha AV receiver. When I turn off the activity by pressing the 'Off' button on the remote, I get a momentary message (it looks like an EyeTV message) at the left top of the screen: "Recording Started", immediately followed by a message: "Recording Stopped". All devices then turn off as they should (that is, the TV and AV receiver - the Mac Mini stays running as it should).This leaves very short recordings in the EyeTV library which I (or more importantly my wife) then have to clean up.

I have not re-assigned the off button in any way, either in Harmony or Remote Buddy. This does not happen if I do not use Remote Buddy. I have assigned all the remote buttons per the How To on the IOSPIRIT website.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Colin 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

11.01.2015 11:24:01
Re: Eye TV recording when activity ended issue
View

Hello Colin,

with default PS3 settings, the Hub sends a sequence of button presses to Remote Buddy when you tell the Harmony to turn off the devices. Since the PS3 has no dedicated power off command, my best guess is that the Harmony tries to enter and navigate menus here to turn off a PS3.

This can/will lead to unwanted effects like the one you observed.

You can avoid this by making the adjustments outlined in the official HowTo, Step 3, "Tweaking power settings":

https://www.iospirit.com/blog/article/184/-/

Cheers, 
Felix 

User

12.01.2015 10:14:51
Re: Eye TV recording when activity ended issue
View

Hi Felix,

well - I had tweaked the power settings as per the guide when I first set up Remote Buddy. However I have had several Harmony app crashes (I upgraded to the latest version and now it seems stable). When I checked the power settings for the Sony PS again, they were back at default. I tweaked them again and now it works OK. Thanks again for the response.

Cheers

Colin