Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

31.01.2015 16:29:00
Logitech® Harmony Ultimate Remote
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I was wondering if there was a work around for the Logitech® Harmony Ultimate remote to work with Remote Buddy, it is very close to the supported Logitech® Harmony® Smart Control on Remote Buddy but a few of the buttons will not except any programming.

Example would be in EyeTV when you hit Record on the Harmony Ultimate nothing happens even with Behavior scripting. The only buttons that will work are the ones that are available on the Logitech® Harmony® Smart Control.

You can see the difference in the remote from here http://www.logitech.com/en-us/harmony-remotes

I also noticed this issue with the Playstation remote, I have a version that has Channel Up/Down Volume Up/Down at the bottom of the remote and I can't program them since the version on Remote Buddy doesn't have those.

Thanks gang,

Jeff 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

01.02.2015 11:32:01
Re: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_=5Bremotebuddy=5Fforum=5D_Logitech=AE_Harmo?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?ny_Ultimate_Remote?=
View

Thanks for asking.

1) Regarding the Harmony Ultimate: 
By default, Logitech does not assign any commands to some of the buttons when creating a PS3 device. Here's an FAQ showing you how Remote Buddy translates commands - and how you can assign the correct commands to the buttons that Logitech leaves unused (click on "Show" next to "Unlocking all buttons of the Smart Control"): 
https://www.iospirit.com/support/faqs/remotebuddy/category/23/Hardware-Harmony-Smart-Control/entry/265/-/

2) Regarding the Sony PS3 Multimedia Remote: 
The volume and channel buttons on these remotes send IR codes (supposedly to control a TV set connected to the PS3) and AFAIK can't be programmed to send anything over Bluetooth. Since Remote Buddy can't receive any button press information over Bluetooth for these buttons, they can't be used with Remote Buddy at this time.

Cheers, 
Felix 

User

01.02.2015 13:20:39
Re: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_=5Bremotebuddy=5Fforum=5D_Logitech=AE_Harmo?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?ny_Ultimate_Remote?=
View

Thanks so much Felix, this is the Chart I was looking for. I must have missed it because it was hidden by default.

I will try out those missing commands today and report back!

- Jeff 

User

05.02.2015 00:34:23
View

everything seems to be working except the most important button, the record. When I hit it after configuring per the webpage it will close down the active window.. very strange.. I will mess with it again this week