Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

11.02.2015 09:36:48
Problem with PS3 BD remote and automatic disconnect
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello I used remote buddy without any problem with my mac mini (10.10.2) and my PS3 BD remote (not the first one sony launched, the revised one, ref: B0050SX9I2), but I've noticed the remote battery drains very quick.

I tried to use the configuration you recommends in your FAQ Page:

"These settings are recommended:

General

Search for paired remotes on startup: On. 
Stop searching for paired remotes after max .. minutes: Off. 
Display pairing instructions and status messages: Off. If you experience problems, you should turn this option back on to aid you in debugging the problem. 
Energy saving

Automatically disconnect remotes after inactivity of more than .. minute(s): On, value of 1 minute. 
Disconnect remotes when computer goes to sleep: On. The potential power saving with this option is huge. But as the warning says, this will not work with all computers: if you can't wake up your computer with your remote after turning this option on, please turn it off again."

Ok, for the first time everthing goes perfect, but when the remote disconnect after 1 minute, when I try to use it, its looks like its not paired with the mac, it doesn't works anymore, I had to remove the paired device in remote buddy config panel and re-pair again the remote.

Its a known bug or I'm doing anything wrong?

Anyway thanks for your supperb software!

Last edited: 11.02.2015 09:37:52 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Sony® BD Remote Control
Hardware - Wii™ Remote
User

16.02.2015 10:56:01
Re: Problem with PS3 PD remote
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

Ok, for the first time everthing goes perfect, but when the remote disconnect after 1 minute, when I try to use it, its looks like its not paired with the mac, it doesn't works anymore, I had to remove the paired device in remote buddy config panel and re-pair again the remote.

After the first automatic disconnect, if you quit and re-launch Remote Buddy, does it recognize the BD Remote again?

When the remote is not recognized, does it still connect to your system (=> listed as connected in System Preferences.app > Bluetooth)?

Its a known bug or I'm doing anything wrong?

I don't know of any such bug.

However, if this option is On (instead of Off), Remote Buddy will stop searching for remotes after the provided number of minutes - and re-connects would not work:

Stop searching for paired remotes after max .. minutes: Off.

Hope that helps.