Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

14.04.2015 18:26:49
Mac mini and Logitech Harmony One (older model)
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I am using the trial version of RB, on my Mac Mini (Mac OS 10.9) and so far it's been working great. My Harmony One is the older one released in 2008 - predating the Touch and Ultimate. 
This one: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/harmony-one-advanced-universal-remote

My Harmony One is programmed as an Apple TV remote (seven buttons for U/D/L/R/Select/Menu/Play). With RB this can wake my Mini, launch Plex and control it.

However I want to use the additional buttons on the Harmony One - such as stop/FF/RW etc in Plex, and bind extra functions such as change language/subtitles etc. to touchscreen buttons.

Is there a simple way to use this remote with more than 7 buttons, and yet work seamlessly with Mac OS? I know there are options to masquerade as multiple apple remotes but this seems very complex, and I wouldn't know how to program RB and pair these extra emulated remotes to the Mac Mini.

Thanks 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control