Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

10.02.2018 21:29:41
Playback slow and choppy after restart
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello all. I just discovered the tvOS remote bbuddy app and I think it’s brilliant. I installed it on my 4k Apple TV to control my Intel i5 iMac because I want to watch live TV on my AppleTv through EyeTV3 running on my Mac.

Ok now that that’s out of the way, everything was running ok except that there was no sound coming from the AppleTV. The only way that i was able to get sound was by choosing Airplay from my Mac to my ATV. Also, the picture was a little rough and pixelated.

All those issues are acceptable since I was finally able to find a way to watch live TV from my cable company on my ATV.

However, here’s where I continue running into the same issue. Everytime I turn off my TV and try to watch it later the remote buddy app shows the video super choppy maybe 5fps and then no sound until I selct it from the Airplay menu again on the Mac.

Even after the sound starts again, the video stays super choppy until I quit Remote buddy and restart it again.

Any help to resolve these issus would be great. Thanks!

BTW, my AppleTV and MAC are both conncted to a Samsung soundbar via HDMI so I don’t know if this is where the sound issue comes from. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver