Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

08.01.2011 00:37:55
Re: Feature Request - Honest Harmony Support

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
The points you list would go a lot closer to at least making it simpler for those of us with Harmonys. 
Particularly "ability to rename a remote's buttons and group several remotes together. " 
Add to this the ability of importing templates of those groups - we could all help the process by submitting button layouts and groups for the various remotes - not just harmonies.

If you did go nuts and add Harmony remotes so the end user pretty much thinks it built in, I still think using an established remote config (like the Plex config) is just as ideal - it also means that when users inevitably switch to XBMC/Plex the remote support is already completely mapped in the app and ready to go.

I can understand not wanting to rely on Logitech that they don't exactly update/change current remote codes - but is this really an issue? If a new remote comes out Logitech surely adds another remote code and name - or else they would have all the same support issues when things break.

Anyway thanks for coming back on this - I really think any work on this area only makes RemoteBuddy more appealing. 

Thread-display::