Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

30.10.2011 21:22:01
Re: Plex 0.9.5 - Behavior support

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks everyone for your feedback!

With Plex 0.9.5, its developers decided that the app from now on would have the bundle identifier com.plexapp.plex instead of com.plexsquared.plex. As always, when an app changes its unique bundle identifier, it can no longer be recognized by its old, no longer in use, bundle identifier. That's why Plex could no longer be recognized by Remote Buddy.

Also, after spending some time with a packet logger, I found that some of the supported UDP commands changed slightly (f.ex. "Apple Remote" became "AppleRemote"). I adapted the Plex Behaviour to these changes as well and then ran compatibility tests for all commands supported by the Plex Behaviour. As it turned out, a few commands - like f.ex. "move to next display", "move to previous display" or "quit Plex" do no longer seem to work and/or be supported by the new Plex version. I removed these. If you have used the "Quit Plex" action, I suggest the action available under "Behaviours > Quit currently controlled application" as a replacement.

An updated version of the Plex Behaviour with support for the changes in Plex 0.9.5 - as far as I could identify them in such a short period of time - is now available via Remote Buddy's Online Updater (click "Check for updates.." in either Remote Buddy's menubar item's menu or at RB Prefs > Behaviour (lower right corner)).

Users of Remote Buddy Express - which, like any Mac App Store apps, may not contain an online updater - can manually download the updated version. Installation is as easy as downloading the file, unzipping it (if Safari didn't already do it for you) and then double-click it: 
http://static.iospirit.com/static/objectfiles/file/135/Plex.rbbehaviour.zip

Enjoy, and have a nice Sunday evening!

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

Thread-display::