Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

08.05.2015 18:26:44
Harmony always disconnect
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi every time I hit the off button on my harmony remote i need to re syncornise it again with remote buddy ... I see in remote buddy that the bluethoot is paired but nothing work until I pair it again

the weird thing is it was not doing that before

can you help me

Last edited: 08.05.2015 18:27:09 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

13.05.2015 15:06:01
Re: Harmony always disconnected
View

Thanks for asking.

The off button may be switching away from the Harmony Activity that contains the link to Remote Buddy.

Please try pressing the respective Harmony Activity button again to trigger the Harmony Hub to open a new connection to your Mac.

Hope that helps. 

User

29.06.2015 13:06:54
View

Hi,

Since a few days, i have the same problem !! 
after i hit the off button, and then i choose the good activity, my harmony smart control doesn't reconnect itself. 
I see the message "press any key to connect Harmony" but when i press a key nothing happens.

if i re-syncronise it, my harmony works well, but that takes 1 or 2 minutes each times.

I follow all FAQ : 
- battery OK 
- no power options 
- no soft keyboard pairing 
- Bluetooth turned on

Thanks a lot for a solution or an explaination 

User

26.07.2015 15:55:41
View

I'm having the same problem when I press OFF on the Harmony Smart Control remote.

I followed the instructions to tweak the power settings in the Harmony set-up and my MacMini remains powered-on after I press the OFF button (my TV and receiver do power off). When I press the Remote Buddy activity on the remote, Remote Buddy says that no remotes are found and I have to pair it again and it does take 2-3 minutes.

This also happens whenever I switch to another activity on the remote and switch back to the Remote Buddy Activity.

Ernie 

User

29.07.2015 09:33:02
View

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I tried the following: 
1) set up the Harmony Smart Hub with Remote Buddy exactly as per https://www.iospirit.com/blog/article/184/-/ 
2) select the activity by pressing the respective button (Music/TV/Movies) at the top of the remote 
3) press a button => connects and I can control Remote Buddy on the Mac 
4) press the "Off" button" => disconnects 
5) press any button => nothing happens 
6) select the activity by pressing the respective button (Music/TV/Movies) at the top of the remote 
7) press a button => connects and I can control Remote Buddy on the Mac

So it seems that, after pressing "Off", you need to select the Remote Buddy activity on the Harmony first for the Harmony Smart Hub to reconnect.

In my test, Remote Buddy was the only Device and Activity set up in the Harmony software.

Do you have any other devices set up in the Harmony software? If yes, which devices?

When you expect the Harmony to reconnect to your Mac: 
1) did you previously select the Remote Buddy Activity on your remote? 
2) is the Hub/"BD Remote Contol" listed as connected (connected devices have a menu entry in a bold font) in the OS X Bluetooth topbar menu? 
3) if it is listed as connected there, does or doesn't Remote Buddy list it in its topbar menu?

If I know more about your setup or usage pattern, I can again try to rebuild/reproduce it here.

Thanks, 
Felix 

User

31.07.2015 19:36:19
View

Thanks for the reply.

I have three devices in my Remote Buddy activity:

- Sony PS 3 (set-up per instructions) 
- Sony TV 
- Sony AV Receiver

The power settings for the TV and Receiver are "Always on, but turn off when I press the OFF button." The power settings for the PS3 are per the instructions "there are no power buttons on my remote."

When I press OFF, the TV and Receiver turn off. The Mac-Mini does not. I do not get any messages on the screen from Remote Buddy.

When I press the Remote Buddy activity button, the TV and Receiver turn on and I get a message from Remote Buddy to "Press any key on the Harmony Remote." But no key presses on the remote, or from the IOS app, are recognized. Remote Buddy shows that no remotes are attached, and I have to re-pair the Harmony.

I also have a Watch TV activity defined to the Harmony with three devices:

- Apple TV 
- Sony TV 
- Sony AV Receiver

The power settings for all three devices are "Always on, but turn off when I press the OFF button."

When I press the Watch TV activity, it switches my AV receiver to the Apple TV and everything works just fine.

When I press the Remote Buddy activity, it switches my AV receiver back to the Mac-Mini, and I get a message from Remote Buddy to "Press any key on the Harmony Remote." But no key presses on the remote, or from the IOS app, are recognized. When the message goes away, Remote Buddy shows that no remotes are attached, and I have to re-pair the Harmony.

So after I've paired to Remote Buddy, any time I switch away to the other activity or OFF, I have to re-pair the remote. I went through the Logitech forums and saw come pairing issues with PS3 from 2014, but they were supposedly resolved in a firmware update to 4.3. My firmware is now at 4.5

I can't help thinking I'm missing a setting somewhere to tell either Logitech or Remote Buddy to keep the pairing.

When the remote is paired, I love Remote Buddy! I run Kodi on the Mac-Mini and I've mapped some buttons on the Harmony remote, and it works terrific!

Thanks, Ernie 

User

01.08.2015 17:31:23
Removed on request by customer
View

Removed on request by customer 
User

07.08.2015 11:13:35
View

I suddenly started having the same issue as Ernie.

It worked fine before, it worked as Felix says, as soon a remote buddy button was pressed on the smart remote, it reconnected quickly. 
But now it doesn't reconnect anymore for some reason and I have to re-pair it every time.

Upon further inspection with the smartphone harmony app, when a remote buddy button is pressed, a "Bluetooth Pairing" page comes up and it says "Connecting" and it searches to make a connection.. 
After a minute the connection fails and a page named "Power On Playstation 3" comes up that prompts me to either "Pair Now" or "Skip Pairing" 
Then I can follow the pairing method. Press "Pair Now" on the smartphone harmony app, and at the same time go through the Setup Wizard in remote buddy and Pair a Bluetooth remote control again.

It then pairs and all works perfectly like before, until I press the "Off" button. Then I have to go through the same "connecting", failing, pairing process again.