Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

06.08.2011 22:10:56
Re: PS3 Gamepad Bluetooth Pairing Errors (Caused

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I may have clarified the scope of the problem and just wanted to pass along an update in case anyone had any other ideas. If I delete the com.apple.Bluetooth.plist file found in "/Library/Preferences/" (not ~/Library/Preferences/ as there is no com.apple.Bluetooth.plist file in that dir) and then reboot my machine, I can successfully pair both PS3 gamepads.

They both initially show up in the Bluetooth OSX settings and I also receive the pairing code request popup; however, if I ignore the popup, it will go away after 30 seconds or so and the controllers work great in MAME. When I turn the controllers off and back on again, they pair almost instantly without any pairing code request popup appearing.

However if I reboot my machine, I'm back to the same problem of getting the pairing code request popup and the controllers won't pair.

At the end of the day, it's a technically a working solution but it requires me to delete a plist file and reboot if I ever have to restart my machine. Not ideal by any means, but working nonetheless.

The last post I could find from Felix on adding PS3 gamepad support via bluetooth was back in 2007/2008 when it was on his to-do list, but I'd gladly be willing to pay an upgrade fee if PS3 gamepad support were added to Remote Buddy so I had a more functional solution to this problem :)

Thread-display::