Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

08.08.2011 19:38:25
Re: PS3 Gamepad Bluetooth Pairing Errors (Caused by Remote Buddy?)

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for confirming Felix. While I admit I was hoping you might have an easy fix up your sleeve, I definitely understand that PS3 gamepads aren’t officially supported by Remote Buddy so I don’t mean to assign blame to your software that is being cause by the OS. I’m definitely not using the RB setup wizard when attempting to pair so it sounds like this issue has nothing to do with Remote Buddy. Also, just an FYI, there is a PS3 gamepad driver for OSX, but it appears that PS3 gamepads were (at one time) natively supported by Snow Leopard without any additional drivers; however, per your comments there may have been some changes to the software and/or mini hardware that have broken this functionality.

Thanks as well for your insight into the Bluetooth stack differences in the new mini’s Bluetooth chipset and how the Bluetooth stacks differ from SL to Lion. It sounds like I don’t have any other options available at this point other than to wait for Lion Patch releases and/or purchase some other type of wireless gamepad that doesn’t run off of Bluetooth. In case you’re looking for unsolicited feedback on feature requests, I’d really love to see PS3 gamepads supported like the Wii controllers and PS3 remotes.

Small review/plug inbound…

That all being said, in case any potential customers are reading this thread, per Felix’s comments this doesn’t appear to be an issue caused by Remote Buddy software and in no way makes me regret my purchase of Remote Buddy. This software has given me almost complete control over making my Harmony 900 remote do pretty much anything I want it to do and has made my HTPC much more wife-friendly. Given the option of a do-over, I would purchase this software again in a heartbeat. 

Thread-display::