Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

24.08.2011 05:55:36
Re: PS3 Gamepad Bluetooth Pairing Errors (Caused by Remote Buddy?)

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Wow, it took me forever to find some information about pairing a PS3 DualShock 3 controller with a new 2011 Mac mini running OS X 10.7 Lion (yes, that was gratuitous keyword bait for other poor saps like me).

Basically I'm in the same boat, and I have not installed RemoteBuddy at all (though I probably will soon, as I use Plex, Hulu Desktop, etc.)

I have a unibody Macbook running a clean install of Lion (32-bit kernel), and the DS3 pairs easily after connecting the USB cable, pressing the PS button, and disconnecting the cable. But on the mini (64-bit kernel) I get the pairing passcode prompt. So it's a driver issue, either by virtue of 32 vs. 64-bit mode or the chipset difference. Shame really. Between bugs in Lion and new hardware quirks like this, it's a big step backwards from the "just works" I'm used to.

If anyone is able to reliably pair a DualShock 3 with the new Lion-standard Macs, please enlighten us! 

Thread-display::