Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

25.01.2014 00:26:47
Re: Harmony Hub Bluetooth

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
FYI somehow I was eventually able to make this pairing visible to RemoteBuddy - I tried so many combinations of rebooting, deleting the plist file and so on and so forth though that I can't remember the exact sequence. I think that the key was to unpair from builtin Bluetooth, disable Bluetooth altogether, correct the typo in the discovered Bluetooth plist, reboot, start RemoteBuddy before turning on Bluetooth, then reinitiate the RemoteBuddy wizard quickly. I realise this sounds ridiculous but somehow this worked even though the device class has a typo in it - I suspect that I was able to get the corrected plist file to be read before it was automatically refreshed, but this is just a hunch.

So the device is somehow now paired with it's unfortunate Logitech typo name of "BD Remote Contol" and the pairing survives reboots. 
And.... the best news is that it works beautifully and much faster than any IR solution.

However, when you start RemoteBuddy it fails to reconnect to the "BD Remote Contol" device even if "Search for paired remotes on startup" is checked in Preferences. You need to use builtin Bluetooth to reconnect to the device each time you restart RemoteBuddy (because RemoteBuddy *does* automatically deactivate and disconnect the device when you quit). Naturally this includes starting up after rebooting.

FYI I raised a support ticket with Felix. He said this is no on his "ToDo" list. 

Thread-display::