Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

29.07.2014 23:37:01
Re: Harmony Hub Bluetooth

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.

Q: Can you advise how I should proceed with setting up RB? I've read the How-To blog post and I have some questions.

1) Do I need to do anything to stash (save for future) my current setup using Apple Remote simulation?

Put another way, how can I hedge my bet that the setup with Harmony Smart Control will work well?

For peace of mind, here's how you can back up and restore your settings: 
https://secure.iospirit.com/support/faqs/remotebuddy/category/8/Configuration/entry/242/-/

If you follow the Smart Control Setup HowTo and pair your Harmony Smart Control's Hub with Remote Buddy via Bluetooth, the Smart Control will turn up in Remote Buddy as a completely independent device that has no relationship to your settings for other remotes (including real and simulated Apple Remotes) at all.

2) Should I reinstall Candelair and/or RB?

There's usually no need to do this.

Remote Buddy is designed from ground up to handle several remotes and keep mapping settings for each remote control separately.

3) Beyond the how-to instructions, are there any tweaks for specific behaviors that I should be aware of?

* Plex, iTunes, DVD player, mouse / keyboard / trackpad on Mac Mini

Remote Buddy comes with very usable defaults. You can, of course, always make adjustments to fit your personal needs or preferences.

* Netflix and Amazon Video on Roku 3

You'll probably want to add an Activity/Device for the Roku 3 in the Harmony software to control these.

4) Finally, do you have any suggestions on how to use RB and Harmony Hub for these behaviors / devices?

* Prezi player on Mac Mini

Do you refer to the standalone application only available to subscribers? Or the web page inside a browser?

* Chrome-casting from MacBook Pro

I've no experience with chrome casting, so I can't currently say anything about this. Thanks for bringing this onto my radar.

* Yamaha RX-V673 AVR

Like with the Roku, this is probably another Activity/Device you'd want to add in the Harmony software to control that.

However, for in-depth advice and help with setting up your Harmony, Logitech is best qualified to give you advice as they know their product best. I personally found their knowledge base and forum to be particularly great resources:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Universal-Remotes/ct-p/harmony_remote_controls 
http://support.myharmony.com/en/index.htm

Hope that helps.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

Thread-display::