Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

29.07.2014 21:33:47
Re: Harmony Hub Bluetooth

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for the update release! I'm looking forward to using this with my Harmony Smart Control.

My current setup was working fairly well with a Harmony 890 remote. Not all devices and activities work as well as before I switched to the Harmony Smart Control. In order to set up an older model (Harmony 880?) I followed a complex set of instructions to simulate multiple (imaginary) Apple Remotes. This setup is a bit complicated, and I'm happy to upgrade, but I don't want to break any functionality.

Q: Can you advise how I should proceed with setting up RB? I've read the How-To blog post and I have some questions.

1) Do I need to do anything to stash (save for future) my current setup using Apple Remote simulation?

Put another way, how can I hedge my bet that the setup with Harmony Smart Control will work well?

2) Should I reinstall Candelair and/or RB?

3) Beyond the how-to instructions, are there any tweaks for specific behaviors that I should be aware of?

* Plex, iTunes, DVD player, mouse / keyboard / trackpad on Mac Mini 
* Netflix and Amazon Video on Roku 3

4) Finally, do you have any suggestions on how to use RB and Harmony Hub for these behaviors / devices?

* Prezi player on Mac Mini 
* Chrome-casting from MacBook Pro 
* Yamaha RX-V673 AVR

Thanks in advance!

Keith

Setup details: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tilk4v10xzfvyvd/Screenshot%202014-07-29%2015.27.55.png 

Thread-display::