Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

04.07.2014 18:04:02
Re: Harmony Hub Bluetooth

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.

1. This is really cool!

Thanks!

2. Isn’t it time for a paid upgrade? My account page here says I bought Remote Buddy in 2006, and if I’ve paid you anything more since then, I’ve forgotten about it. Please, charge me for *something*! Seriously, because it’ll make me feel less bad about point 3…

There were in fact only free updates to Remote Buddy so far. Thanks for noticing!

Of course, at some point, a paid upgrade will have to come as everything else is not sustainable in the long run. That moment isn't there, yet, however.

3. With a Harmony Touch (when used with a Hub or Smart Control, as I do) or Harmony Ultimate one can control a Wii’s onscreen pointer using a virtual trackpad on the remote’s touchscreen. I had assumed that the Hub was emulating a Wiimote’s IR camera, but after having managed to pair the Hub to my Mac as a Wiimote Remote Buddy doesn’t seem to be receiving any images from the Hub. It would be *super* *mega* cool if you could figure out how the Hub *is* achieving this, so that I could control my Mac’s mouse pointer from my Harmony Touch!

That sounds neat! I didn't know that and hope that I can check it out soon.

Best regards, 
Felix 

Thread-display::