Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

11.08.2011 21:00:45
Re: PS3 Remote: it does not work like the others

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I recently got a Mac Mini (2011 i5) with 10.7 pre-installed which I want to utilize as a HTPC machine, powered by XBMC and Remote Buddy (latest version 1.18.1 installed).

Unfortunately, I am facing exactly the problem described here, I can successfully connect to my both BD-remotes (since I have a PS3 I got a 2nd remote), but occasionally on the first attempt to connect after startup OSX greets me with the "Enter the PIN to pair" dialog. I just wait until the dialog vanished and try again - after 2-5 tries the remote connects normally.

Am I missing some of the files I should delete to get rid of this problem?

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist 
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist 
/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.Bluetooth.DF557FA2-C304-556B-A442-960AB835CB5D.plist 
~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.Bluetooth.DF557FA2-C304-556B-A442-960AB835CB5D.plist

"(and the incorrect data in the cache along with it) solved the issue permanently." 
I can not find anything related to Bluetooth in my Caches-folder (~/Library/Caches).

Thanks, 
Best regards 
Chris 

Thread-display::