Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

12.08.2011 11:57:19
Re: PS3 Remote: it does not work like the others

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for an interesting bit of information.

What happens if you wait a minute after startup before using your remote?

What Mac model are you using? And more particularly, is it one of the latest Mac mini or MacBook Air models?

Regarding resetting the information stored by the Bluetooth stack to defaults: Apple provides a tool for this, actually, and goes farther than just removing plist files. It also resets the information stored about your Bluetooth devices inside the Bluetooth chip itself.

It's part of the Developer Tools (possibly also comes with Xcode from the Mac App Store) and can be found under

/Developer/Applications/Utilities/Bluetooth/Bluetooth Explorer.app

The tool for resetting Bluetooth information is found in its menu under

Utilities > Modify Software & Device Configuration

I personally used this tool during development with all checkboxes selected (except for the "Force Setup Assistant to run again on restart" and "Force Language Chooser to run again on restart" - which I always kept unselected) for intermediate tests (for final tests, I'm using a whole set of different machines).

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz

Last edited: 12.08.2011 11:58:06 

Thread-display::