Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

02.09.2011 19:19:01
Re: Re: PS3 Remote: it does not work like the others

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Maybe try resetting the PRAM or the EFI Firmware?

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 5:07 PM, MarcusP 
wrote:

Felix, 
I've got the same problem. I tried the removal of the bluetooth preference files (including the ones in the ByHost directories)

This remote worked perfectly on my Late 2008 Macbook Pro, but I get the "Pairing Request from: BD Remote Control", now that I've switched to a Mini. I have disabled Bluetooth on the MacBook Pro

1) Which version of Remote Buddy are you running? (please look it up under "About")

2) Which version of Mac OS X are you running? (please look it up under "About this Mac")

Mac OS X (server) 10.7.1 (build 11B2118

3) Which Mac are you using?

Mac Mini Server (Mid 2011)

4) Please send a screenshot of 
a) Remote Buddy Preferences > Hardware > Bluetooth Receiver 
b) System Preferences > Bluetooth 
to info iospirit.com.

I'll e-mail them soon.

5) Which button (or button combination) do you press on your BD Remote to connect to your Mac? And for how long?

Play, Enter, L1, both quick press and long hold.

6) When did you buy the BD Remote you're having this issue with?

About a month ago. It worked perfectly with my MacBook Pro in the past.

7) Since when did you use the BD Remote with Remote Buddy?

With the Mini: Today. With the MacBook Pro, about a month

8) Since when did you start seeing the issue you describe?

Today, after my first reboot.

9) Are you using the original Sony PS3 BD Remote - or a device that claims to be compatible with it?

Original (Model Number CECHZR1A)

10) Did you try with a completely fresh set of batteries? The BD Remote can behave very randomly when the batteries are low in power. Please keep in mind this is a Bluetooth remote and batteries can get empty *a lot* faster than is the case with infrared remotes. So even if you replaced the batteries two days ago, you really should try with a set of new batteries today - to simply eliminate this as a variable.

I tried it with a new set of batteries.

I am about three metres form the Mini with nothing in between.

Before deleting the preferences and re-adding the remote I could hit "Reject", and then it would work with Remote Buddy. Now remote buddy no longer sees it (I cleared the pairing in Remote buddy, removed the preferences, then rebooted, then re-paired in Remote Buddy, then rebooted).

Waiting a minute makes no difference. Unpairing and re-pairing in Remote Buddy works until the next reboot.

I'm downloading XCode at the moment.

[standard mail footer removed]

Thread-display::