Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

09.10.2011 19:16:02
Re: PS3 Remote: it does not work like the others

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for all your feedback.

As I may have mentioned earlier, the entire connection handling for the PS3 BD Remote is handled by the OS X Bluetooth stack itself - including the dialog you're presented.

Since Remote Buddy has no influence on this at all and the issue can only be rooted in the OS X Bluetooth stack itself, only Apple will be able to fix this issue. The Mac Mini 2011 and the MacBook Air 2011 are currently the only (and first) Macs to adopt Bluetooth 4.0 chipsets and since this issue virtually only seems to occur with the Mac Mini 2011, I find it a plausible thesis that this issue is located inside the new code for these new Bluetooth chipsets.

I have purchased a Mac Mini 2011 myself now, will try to reproduce the issue and - if I succeed - get in touch with Apple to provide them with any info they need to identify and fix the bug (possibly in the course of an OS X update). This can take a while, but I'm afraid that is all I can do at the moment. I too would prefer if I could fix it myself. But the OS X Bluetooth stack is Apple's code, it's not open source and I have no chance of fixing bugs in it myself.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

Thread-display::