Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

12.08.2011 21:37:25
Re: PS3 Remote: it does not work like the others

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for the reply Felix.

I`ve downloaded XCode to utilize Bluetooth Explorer like you described.

While I tried to add the remote to RB (via the RB add remote function), I got to see the described OSX-dialog asking for the pairing code. Nevertheless a few seconds later the dialog disappeared and I could use RB with the remote.

After this, pressing a button on the remote directly after the start of the system / as soon as the RB message "Press any button on the BD Remote" appears always resulted in the pairing-dialog. Tested several times, every time same result.

But, if I wait 30-60 seconds and press a button on the remote, everything works okay as expected.

Are there some system components which are just not ready directly after the start? If needed, I am happy to help you out with system logs or anything else you need from the Mini.

BR 
Chris

EDIT: Since I got the Mini only for XBMC, I returned it and got a late 2009 Mini (NV 9400M) instead. Installed 10.6.8 on it, works flawlessly with the BD-remote.

Last edited: 15.08.2011 19:21:39 

Thread-display::